2014-01-11

SURFACE OF THE DAY

I have learned that 20 small steps will take you further than 2 big ones. Sometimes it is hard to believe it.I have also noticed that big steps (figurativly speaking) tend to exhaust me a lot more than little steps. My 10 magic minutes is a little step program. Instead of exhausting yourself by having to finish an entire room at once and then not wanting to set foot in it for 2 weeks, you take many little 10 min steps and  reach your goal this way. So I am constantly looking for little step approaches. Here is my newest one. I call it "surface of the day".

Monday -Friday I pick a surface I want cleaned. My surfaces collect clutter faster than dust. My idea was that if I declutter a surface every day my declutter activity would highly increase and it would feel less like decluttering. I am rather generous when applying the term "surface". It can be a dresser or cabinet top, a shelf of a bookshelf or cabinet, or even a  drawer or windowsill.

So far I have done well. I tackled a windowsill, the top of my nightstand, the top of the washer and dryer, a sideboard like shelf in the living room and...and...oops. Looks like I am a day behind. I did get started on a drawer but that's another story.

I am happy to say that all the surfaces so far have been decluttered and cleaned and are clean still. I threw things away every time even if I thought it was just things that needed to be put back where they belong. Small steps to victory!

As today is Saturday I wouldn't need to clean a surface, but as I am a day behind I will. I think it is also smart to give oneselfs time to catch up. I moved some furniture from one wall to the wall across the room and since then the cupboards shelfs even though organized have the contents on the wrong side of the cupboards. All of a sudden my scarves, gloves and handbags are on the shelf furthest from the door. So today I will start switching the contents of the shelfs. As I need to clear 2 shelfs at one time to accomplish that, that is the perfect surface to catch up!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen