2014-01-23

HOARDING RUINED MY CHEESECAKE

Not funny. Not the least bit. I know what you are thinking. You are visiualizing the situation. You see a cluttered kitchen. No, not cluttered. You see a kitchen that is barely recognizable as a kitchen because it is filled with boxes and bags full of all kind of random things. Forgive me for bursting your bubble. MY kitchen is clean and organized. The floor is mopped. There was plenty of room to work in it and I even cleaned the kitchen as the cake was in the oven. So how on earth DID hoarding ruin my cheese cake you are wondering.

No, I did not get buried under a pile of stuff that tipped over. I simply acted like a true hoarder. I tried to out do  myself and wanted to put a layer of fruit between the cheese cake part and the sour cream top layer. That was kind of tricky. I was worried the fruit layer would make the sour cream slide off if it wouldn't harden all the way. So I decided to NOT put fruit all the way to the edge of the cake but keep a saftey ring of about 1 inch between the fruit layer and the pan. I did just that, and had about 3 spoonfuls of fruit left over when I had enough on the cake. (What a shame. I know. I better not let it go to waste. Ah, right, I want to make fruit sauce to pour on the cake. I'll just mix it in with that.)

Unfortunately I had put the cake on the cooling rack crockedly, so the fruit started running. I noticed too late and by the time I had it level it had run all the way to the side of the pan. I was slightly annoyed. So what, I said. I'll just pour the rest of the fruit sauce on. At least this way it won't go to waste. (Typical hoarder way of thinking.)

This is what happenend:

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen