2014-01-07

HOARDING FOOD

I don't hoard food. But I can't throw anything away until it went bad. Even if it is just half a serving. Until it goes bad I have to keep it. Even if I know I don't want to eat it. I hope James will eat it. Of course he doesn't. Once it goes bad, it's out. But as long as it techically good still...different story. I have finally learned to not eat the left overs off  the kids plates.

When we go out to eat, I have to eat it all. Today we went to a fast food place. Fortunately I didn't order anything. The kids and James left enough for a whole meal.  I can't. I simply can't. I payed for it. The stuff was expensive. People starve every day. I simply can't throw it away.

I wonder if that has to do with my hoarding.

2 Kommentare:

  1. Your post is something I can relate to! I have the same problem with not wanting to throw anything away in terms of food, but didn't even put it together that it ties in with hoarding until I read your post. Thank you for your insight! :) I've been struggling with changing how much food I order or prepare, so that there are no leftovers, or choosing food that can be stored for long periods. Not perfect, still working on it, but it's been helping somewhat…

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. You can't imagine how delighted I am to have a reader! :D This is awesome! Thank you for your feedback! I have more on this topic. I will dedicate my next post to it!

    AntwortenLöschen